Tuesday, December 21, 2010

why moms are the best...

So, yesterday I wanted to make some brownies for a Christmas party.


And its been a while since I've made these one kind of brownies. [You're probably thinking, its brownies, how hard can it be? And you would be right, except this one tricky step that I always forget] Long story short, I added the egg too soon and my too hot and recently melted shortening decided to fry that egg a little bit. So, in my five-year-old-I-messed-up voice, I went and told my mom the situation. And ever so graciously, she said, "How bout you get a new batch going for your friends, we're out of freshly baked desserts around here, these can be for us." And so my beautiful mother [and really my awesome family] shouldered the weight of my mistake. And really, once I mashed up the egg whites, they still tasted not too terrible ;)


And though this is a silly little analogy, I appreciate the reminder of how wonderful it is to live in community with those you love and who love you back. Where burdens are shared and undeserved grace flows like a river. 


Also, all these little mom things that my mom knows....I hope I learn them before I come to that stage of my life. Or I hope my kids have grace with me if I learn them along the way.






1 comment: